• JET TIMELINE
  • INTERAC TIMELINE
  • JET PERSONAL STATEMENT
  • Sunday, March 19, 2017

    Elementary School Lunch (Kyuushoku) in December

    December is over! Well, I only worked half of December anyway and had (unpaid and paid) vacation the rest of the time...

    Let's talk about the size of my school lunches. I worked in a Junior High under my last board of education, and let me tell you that there is a very big difference between the JHS meals and ES meals. Primarily, the difference was in the size. When I first saw my elementary meals, I thought they looked pretty sad. Even the teachers comment sometimes on how sad the meal of the day looks. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    Japanese elementary school lunch
    Tuna and carrots cooked in soy sauce, rice, and seaweed soup

    Japanese elementary school lunch
    Pork and onions, mustard cabbage, and rice

    Japanese elementary school lunch
    Fried fish, rice, cabbage, and tofu soup

    Japanese elementary school lunch
    Chowder, bread, and broccoli/corn/radish salad

    Japanese elementary school lunch
    Seaweed soup, ketchup sauce chicken, and rice

    Japanese elementary school lunch
    Udon, fried candied potatoes and fish, and apple yogurt

    Japanese elementary school lunch
    Spinach and corn salad, rice, and white stew

    Japanese elementary school lunch
    Rice with fish flakes, stewed chicken and potato, and seaweed cabbage salad (and sweetened yuzu rinds from my teacher)

    Japanese elementary school lunch
    Chicken rice, sesame dressing salad, and chicken with konnyaku
    ~*~*~
    Check out the other months!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment